Amanjiwo, one of the luxury resort group Aman, is located in the lush forests of Central Java, Indonesia. Overlooking Borobudur UNESCO World Heritage site, the resort offers a uniquely Javanese experience fused with expert wellness programmes.
The exclusive four-night Quest for Personal Mastery Retreat guides guests into further self-discovery and personal mastery. Aimed at encouraging continuous improvement, Amanjiwo's practitioners guide and advise guests on truly finding themselves. With principles of purpose, vision, belief and commitment, the retreat will allow for inner transformation that will help guests form deep resilience explore the deepest levels of consciousness.
Led by expert practitioners Mas Joko, Pak Sugeng, Patrick Vanoebrouck and Sonia Banuls, the retreat incorporates meditation, yoga, Javanese Shaman healing, astrology and lectures along with signature spa treatments to give you a deeper form of self-transformation and mastery that will remain once the retreat is over.
price per retreat
- Things To Do
- Not Included
Each luxury suite includes:
- Private walled garden
- Thatched-roof bale (pavilion)
- Daybed for outdoor lounging and dining
- Central four-pillar king-size bed on a raised terrazzo platform
- Bathroom with sunken outdoor bathtub,
- Twin vanities, dressing areas, separate shower/toilet
- Terrazzo flooring
- WiFi, Bose Wave Audio system, safe
- Personal bar
- Borobudur and valley views
- Personal butler
- Private entrance and driveway
- Private 15m green Javanese stone swimming pool
- Wraparound terrace
- Central rotunda with daybed for outdoor lounging and dining
- Two outdoor lounging bales
- Two separate bedrooms with king-size beds
Guests are able to dine in the restaurant, in their suite, or have a private dinner catered at an isolated romantic spot in the resort.
- Exploring nearby areas and UNESCO world heritage site
- Trekking paths and inspiring sunset views
- Exploring the diverse Indonesian culture
- Tennis on-site
- Golf nearby
- Full board (Three meals daily from a wellness menu based on traditional Javanese healthy cuisine)
- Healthy snacks and smoothies
- Holistic health consultation upon arrival
- Daily Vipassana or Samadhi meditation
- 'Rising to the mastery of the soul yoga' session with Sonia Banuls
- Aman Signature Spa Nourishing Rituals
- One Javanese Shaman healing session
- One session with a local Javanese master healer
- One astrology session with a Javanese local Spiritual Master
- One lecture: the world around you, the world you choose, the world inside you, the world you can change
- One Mystical trip & meditation in sacred sites
- Additional food, beverages, spa treatments and excursions
- Alcoholic beverages
- Mas Joko
Having been a Javanese healer, shaman and spiritual practitioner for forty years, Mas Joko uses his experience in metaphysical and physical techniques of diagnosis to establish pointers about a person’s physical and energetic constitutions.
- Patrick Vanhoebrouck
Patrick is a Belgian anthropologist who specialized in Javanese culture and spirituality, having lived in Yogyakarta Province for nearly 15 years. He uses his knowledge of ancient sources to help explain the contemporary manifestations of traditional Javanese culture and practices, sharing his passion through lectures, exhibitions and guided tours of ancient sites.
- Pak Sugeng
Pak Sugeng is a Javanese spiritual practitioner of the ancient Jawadwipa lineage, which is the ‘original spirituality’ of Java, and a Hindu master. He uses his knowledge and experience to guide sacred pilgrimages on the Lawu Volcano, which is said to hold cures for many ailments.
- Sonia Banuls
Sonia, a yogi and Vipassana meditation practitioner is passionate about holistic health and ancient healing techniques. She is also the co-author of a called book ‘A Journey of Riches’, which focuses on personal evolution.
Sample Daily Schedule07:30 Javanese herbal tea or juice
08:00 Vipassana meditation and Yoga
11:00 Nourishing Massage Ritual
15:00 Local Japanese Shaman Healing Session
17:00 Raw Nourishing Smoothie
18:00 Lecture: The World Around You
21:30 Javanese detox tea
- Prices vary depending on season and availability—please inquire with your dates for an accurate quote.
- Please note prices have been converted to USD from their local currency and may alter with exchange rates. Taxes are not included.
- The retreat is valid for new bookings only and is subject to availability at the time of booking. It is not combinable with any other exclusive unless specified.
- Guests must cancel 7 days before arrival. In the event of an early departure or no show, two nights plus tax will be charged.
- Credit card details are required to guarantee the reservation. US$ rates are converted to local currency at time of billing.
Amanjiwo, Sawah, Majaksingi, Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia
Situated in Java's tropical lowland forests, Amanjiwo is within 500 metres of Borobudur UNESCO World Heritage site and 40km of the volcanic peak of Mount Merapi. The nearest city and airport is the cultural city and special region of Yogyakarta—an 80-minute drive, but Surakarta city and Solo airport are also within reach with a two-and-a-half-hour drive.
The best season to visit Indonesia is June until September, though the weather is warm and tropical year round. The rainy season falls November to March, though most days enjoy heavy rainfall and sunshine.