Meaning ‘forest’ in Sanskrit, Vana Retreat provides a luxury Indian oasis to detox, de-stress and reset. Taking inspiration from natures nourishing, nurturing and selfless qualities, the eco-resort and foundation host yoga, healing and weight loss programmes.
We get to the root causes of stress and find positive ways of dealing with them, a process that is entirely personalised. This could be achieved through a range of spa therapies, acupuncture, aqua therapies like watsu, mindful yoga, outdoor activities, meditation, nutritional cuisine and personal time for oneself. The resort's spaces, both private and shared, as well as all the sensory journeys at Vana are in themselves calming and healing. Additional nights can be added for extra cost.
price per retreat
- Things To Do
- Not Included
At Vana, the private living spaces bring together various elements of their design philosophy: contemporary aesthetics, bespoke and natural materials, exceptional comfort, thoughtful lighting, design, and simplicity. The 66 rooms and 16 suites on the estate peer into the ancient Sal forest or the gardens and fruit orchards, all with balconies or terraces.
Vana is passionate about ecology and has used sustainable materials where possible, including bamboo flooring, FSC-certified wood and even certified organic linen.
With a neutral palette of colours and art created by artist Siraj Saxena, the rooms evoke a sense of harmony and wellbeing, allowing guests to rest, reflect and connect with nature.
At Vana, there are six different types of accommodation available. The Forest and Garden Rooms have the same layout and are comfortably appointed for a guest on their own or two guests together. With its unique layout, the Bodhi Suite provides intimacy in its living room and bedroom, and the ability to meditate or have a private treatment in its petite meditation room. The Forest Suites, with their generous living room, feel ethereal and almost part of the forest in front of them. The Esteva Suite pays homage to Vana’s architects and is special for the natural light that enters it, along with its sense of space. The Vana suite enjoys a 180-degree view of the hills and the forest and is the most generous suite at Vana.
At Vana, a nutritious culinary experience is vital. The cuisine is mindfully put together to complement each guest’s retreat and encourages guests to see food differently - an experience that delights, nourishes and heals.
Vana’s menus include vegetarian and vegan choices as well as mindfully sourced meat, fish and poultry. The cuisine team produces everything from bread and butter to wasabi and ice creams in the on-site kitchens. Vana believes in using local, seasonal, fresh and organic produce as much as possible and sources indigenous varieties. In keeping with their values, they do not use air-freight food, nor do they use refined sugars, grains or oils.
- Spa treatments
- Nutritional cuisine lessons
- Sufi singing lessons
- Weekly hikes
- Visit Jabarkhet Nature Reserve
- Treatments/consultations/private sessions based on two wellness weights per night per guest
- Arrival and departure wellness consultations
- Retreat well-being activities focused on wellness, cuisine, music etc.
- All Vana wellness cuisine including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and beverages
- Airport transfers
- All taxes. No service charge or gratuities are added and our team members do not expect tips as appreciation for their work.
- Kurta pyjamas as well as footwear. Including woollen capes during winter months
- Airport transfer
- Residence dining delivery
- Prices: All taxes included. No service charge or gratuities added — Vana team does not expect tips as appreciation for their work.
- Reservations shall be confirmed by a deposit of one retreat night made at the time of booking, and an approval for the balance
retreat price. This balance amount will be blocked on your credit card 7 days prior to arrival, and will be realised as a completed
transaction at check-in.
Alternatively, payments may be made via wire transfer, bank details for which will be sent to you via e-mail. We accept all major
credit cards (American Express, Visa and Mastercard) as well as debit cards.
- Any cancellation received more than 15 days (inclusive) prior to your date of arrival will not incur any cancellation charges.
- Any cancellation received 8 to 14 days (inclusive) prior to your date of arrival will incur a charge of one retreat night of your
- Any cancellation received 0 to 7 days (inclusive) prior to your date of arrival will incur a charge of five retreat nights of
your retreat total (in case of Vana Ashram) and seven retreat nights of your retreat total (in case of Vana Wellness and
- Any reduced stays whilst at the Retreat will incur a charge of 100% on the total retreat price.
- Mobile phones, tablets, smart phones, smart watches and personal computers may be used in the rooms only. They are not to be used in any shared or outdoor spaces.
- No photography is allowed at Vana except within the privacy of your room.
- Offering of alcohol is limited to wine at dinner time only. This is only available at one of the two dining spaces.
- Wine cannot be served in a guest room or suite.
- Smoking is restricted to a single designated outdoor space and is not permitted in guest rooms, guest balconies, shared spaces or any other outdoor space.
- A Vanavasi must be 16 years of age or above.
- Each room can accommodate a maximum of two guests.
Vana, Mussoorie Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001, India
Vana is located on Mussoorie Road, Dehradun in India's northern Uttarakhand state, around a one-hour drive from Dehradun’s Jolly Grant airport and approximately a 45-minute drive from Dehradun railway station. The resort is beside the Jakhan forest, and is situated within a two-hour drive to the holy city of Rishikesh.
Vana recommends flying to Dehradun airport, from where they will organise personal transfers that are included in the retreat price.
Vana, Mussoorie Road, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248001, India