Shreyas Retreat is a luxury yoga ashram outside of Bangalore, India. Shreyas Retreat focuses on the spiritual tradition of yoga in addition to the physical and mental wellness benefits and is recognised as one of the best yoga retreats in the world.
Yoga restores balance into our lives, resolves our inner conflicts, enables total excellence and allows us to fulfil our potential to become complete human beings. Often misunderstood to be simply a set of physical exercises, Yoga philosophy transcends all ritualistic religion and can be practised by anyone.
Yogasana classes at Shreyas are based on both classical Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. The unique yoga teachers are students of both ancient knowledge and modern teaching methods, bringing the best of both worlds to your sessions together. All classes are adapted for beginners, intermediate and advanced levels.
Twice daily group yoga sessions and one daily meditation session are included in the stay for all guests. For guests who would like to delve deeper into the ancient spiritual tradition of yoga, the yoga retreat is structured carefully to allow them to experience not just the physical aspects of yoga but also karma yoga (selfless work), various yogic kriyas, yoga nidra (deep relaxation), chakrashuddhi and trataka (candle meditation) besides some rejuvenating massages, and community service.
price per retreat
- Things To Do
- Not Included
Shreyas Retreat has three one-bedroom poolside en-suite cottages, eight one-bedroom garden-view luxury tents and one three-bedroom cottage (two twins and one single room), perfect for groups of friends. This small luxury retreat accommodates a maximum of 25 people at any one time ensuring peace and tranquillity year round.
The buildings use traditional architecture, antique doorways and stone pillars, while the contemporary interiors are simple yet luxurious, offering a calm resting place after a day of yoga and meditation.
The resort features multiple yoga halls, meditation rooms, a Jacuzzi and infinity pool, jogging trail, cricket nets, and library.
All meals at Shreyas Retreat are planned to complement the healthy yoga lifestyle you will live whilst there, with gourmet vegetarian cuisine influenced by India, Southern Europe, and Asia, with on-site grown ingredients. Shreyas operates a strict no alcohol policy.
Below is a sample menu:
Breakfast: orange, carrot, apple with parsley juice; Scrambled tofu with grilled asparagus; steamed rice dumplings with coconut chutney; fruit platter; oats, cereals, bread; preserves and sprouts; freshly brewed herbal teas
Lunch: vegetable and barley broth; roasted cauliflower salad; stuffed soya pancakes; grilled vegetables in pesto sauce; zucchini fritters; cinnamon pears; fresh fruits; freshly brewed herbal teas
Dinner: mushroom soup; radish and spinach salad; yellow lentils tempered with cumin; sautéed marrow and peas; sautéed tofu; brown rice, Indian whole-wheat pancakes and yoghurt; lemon sorbet; fresh fruits; freshly brewed herbal teas
- Day trip to Mysore
- Day trip to Bangalore
- Visit the fortress city of Srirangapatna
- Visit Bandipur National Park
- Day trip to visit temples in Belur, Halebid, and Shravanabelagola
- See Jog Falls the tallest waterfall in India
- Visit Hampi, a UNESCO world heritage centre
- Spa Treatments
- Accommodation in a Garden Tented cottage / Poolside cottage
- Wellness consultation on arrival
- Gourmet vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) served in the dining area
- Twice daily group Yoga sessions
- Daily once group Chanting / Sound Meditation session
- Use of all recreational facilities - Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Steam, Sauna, Gym, Cricket nets, Library, and the opportunity to watch one movie per day in home theatre along with other guests
- 5 Personalised Yoga sessions per room
- 2 Personalised Pranayama sessions per room
- 1 Meditation session per room
- 1 Personalised Yoga Nidra session
- 4 Personalised Yogic Kriya- Jala Neti sessions
- 3 Rejuvenation Massage per person
- 1 Cooking session on healthy vegetarian cuisine
- Introduction session to Naturopathy and wellbeing
- 1 Session on integrating yoga into daily life
- 1 community-based activity
- Nature-based exercises
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Service charges and Government Taxes (29.8%)
- All charges are in USD and are inclusive of extra taxes and service charges
- Prices may fluctuate depending on season and availability
- Booking: 50% of the total amount is required to confirm a reservation.
- 30 days or more prior to arrival: Any cancellation made more than 30 days prior to arrival date will not incur any cancellation charges. The deposit will be returned
- 5 to 30 days prior to arrival: For any cancellations received 5 to 30 days prior to arrival, 50% of the full amount will be charged (there will not be any refund of the 50% deposit the guests have paid).
- 0-5 days prior to arrival: Any cancellation received in 0 to 5 days prior to arrival will be charged 100% of the total amount of the stay.
- Reducing the duration of stay: Any reduced stays whilst at the Retreat will still incur a cost of 100% of the total price; there will be no adjustment for early departure
- No Show: No shows will incur a charge of 100% of the full amount.
- Guarantee deposit of 50% of the full stay is charged at the time of booking, balance is payable on arrival. Payments can be made by credit cards (Master/Visa/Amex) or bank transfer.
Santoshima Farm, Gollahalli Gate, Nelamangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562123, India
Shreyas Retreat is situated on the outskirts of Bangalore in the town of Nelamangala, which is northwest of Bangalore. It is around a one-hour drive from Bengaluru International Airport.