A unique fusion of medical science and holistic therapies awaits you at Kamalaya Koh Samui, Thailand's award-winning wellness sanctuary and holistic spa resort. Inspired by a monk's cave that once served Buddhist monks as a placement for spiritual retreat and meditation, the resort's spirit is illustrated by its name: 'Lotus (kamal) Realm (alaya)', an ancient symbol for the growth and unfolding of the human spirit.
Kamalaya's Comprehensive Detox Programme is designed to optimise the detoxification process in every way, combining Eastern and Western medical traditions to enhance wellbeing on all levels. This all-inclusive retreat includes accommodation, all holistic therapies, and full board for all your detox meals, juices and supplements. Features of the detox include herbal remedies and supplements along with regular colon hydrotherapy sessions, lymphatic drainage therapy, and Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist abdominal massages).
Kamalaya offers three different Comprehensive Detox Programme choices: a seven-night, nine-night, or 14-night programme.
This programme is intensive and recommended for experienced detoxers, while first-timers are more than welcome to try out Kamalaya's Introduction or Basic Detox programmes.
- Things To Do
- Not Included
Kamalaya offers onsite accommodation in a variety of rooms. Every room includes air-conditioning, CD and stereo system, refrigerator, beverage and snack facilities, personal safe, telephone, hairdryer, and yoga mats.
Retreat prices vary depending on accommodation type, number of people, and season.
The Hillside Rooms are cosy retreats simply designed and accented with natural furnishings. Nestled amidst magnificent boulders and trees, these rooms are minutes away from the hilltop Yoga Pavilion and Yantra Hall.
The Garden Suites are situated on the ground floor of a new Superior Suites building. With a large, spacious interior, the Garden Pool Suite also boasts its own private pool within a serene garden featuring a pond and water features, while also overlooking stunning views of the Gulf of Thailand and its outlying islands.
Situated on three levels on a hillside location, Kamalaya's new Superior Suites feature spacious interiors with sea views and large, open balconies overlooking the azure Gulf of Thailand. Ground floor Superior Suites have indoor en-suite bathrooms, those on the 2nd and 3rd floors have indoor bathrooms with outdoor showers.
If you're looking for a little more privacy, the Sea View Villa sits atop granite boulders directly above Kamalaya's beach. Step down from your living area to enjoy the expansive beachfront decking and private pool, or walk down the stone pathway onto the beach.
Kamalaya offers guests on the comprehensive detox programme full board. The three onsite restaurants offer a variety of options: Soma restaurant (breakfast/dinner), Amrita Cafe (lunch), and The Alchemy Tea Lounge. Each retreat programme includes three meals per day, a la carte, or set detox menu
The creative menu is inspired by diverse culinary traditions as well as the local Thai cuisine. There is an emphasis on high quality, fresh and organic ingredients. In keeping with local tradition, Kamalaya does not use beef or pork, and avoids additives, preservatives, artificial flavourings, food colouring and MSG, prioritising fresh herbs and spices and healthy cooking methods like baking, steaming, grilling and stir-fry. All foods are low sugar, low sodium, low fat and low dairy.
The detox menu features low allergenic, low inflammatory, low glycemic, vegetarian dishes. Dietary Requirements, including vegetarian and dairy-free, can be catered to. Dishes can be customised.
- Stunning beachside location
- Intense detoxing programme
- Customisable programme
- Eastern and Western medical therapies
- Yoga Pavilion
- Swimming in two ocean-view swimming pools; a lap pool and a leisure pool
- Art Gallery
- Library and TV Lounge
- Monks' Cave for reflection and meditation
- Cultural activities and events
- Shakti Fitness Centre
- Infrared Sauna
- Herbal steam room
- Full board (3 Kamalaya meals per day, à la carte or set detox menu)
- All beverages, excluding imported drinks and alcohol
- Roundtrip airport transfer from Samui Airport
- Tropical welcome drink upon arrival
- 1x Wellness Consultation
- 1x Follow-up Wellness Consultation
- 1x Body Bio-impedance Analysis (BIA)
- 1x Vital Essence Oil Massage (90 mins)
- 1x Traditional Thai Massage (90 mins)
- Detox Herbal Remedies and Supplements
- 3x Chi Nei Tsang (Taoist abdominal massage) (60 mins)
- 6x Far Infrared Sauna (30 mins)
- 3x Colon Hydrotherapy (60 mins)
- 3x Lymphatic Drainage Therapy (90 mins)
- 1x Oriental Herbal Detoxifying Body Scrub & Wrap (75 mins)
- Use of swimming and plunge pools, steam caverns, fitness and yoga facilities
- Complimentary attendance to scheduled daily holistic fitness activities
- Wellness gift pack
- Alcoholic or imported beverages
- Personal experiences/excursions
Sample Daily Schedule6:00 Meditation
7:00 Yoga class
8:00 Breakfast / juice
9:00 Wellness consultation
10:00 Lymphatic drainage therapy
13:00 Lunch / juice
14:00 Asian foot massage with herbal soak
16:00 Abdominal massage
17:00 Thai massage
18:00 Dinner / juice
Terms & Conditions:
- All rates are converted to USD from Thai Baht including 10% service charge & 7% VAT
- Minimum stay 3 nights throughout the year excluding peak season; minimum stay 7 nights during peak season from 23 December to 13 January every year
- Compulsory Gala Dinner on New Year's Eve @ THB 6,000/Person
- Check-in time 14:00 and Check-out time 12:00
- Rates, services charge and taxes are subject to change without prior notice
- Cancellation charges apply to both wellness programs and accommodation bookings
- Any cancellation within 7 days of arrival will be charged at 100% of the full booking
- Any cancellation within 21 days of arrival will be charged at 50% of the full
- 23 Dec – 13 Jan each year: 50% of full booking charged if cancelled within 45 days
Non-arrival & early check-out policy:
In the event of guest non-arrival or early check-out, Kamalaya Koh Samui will charge 100% of the total booking fee (including accommodation and wellness programs) for the full length of stay and as per the most up to date booking confirmation.
102/9 Moo 3, Laem Set Road, Na-Muang Koh Samui, Suratthani 84140, Thailand
Kamalaya is located on the South Eastern side of the tropical island of Koh Samui. We are approximately 25 kms, about a 45 minute drive, from Koh Samui airport. We have our own private stretch of beach adjacent to Laem Set Beach, a small, peaceful lagoon.
Thai Airways and Bangkok Airways fly to Koh Samui from Bangkok. It is also possible to fly direct to Samui from a number of international destinations, including from: Singapore with Bangkok Airways or Silk Air; Hong Kong with Bangkok Airways; and Kuala Lumpur with Bangkok Airways, Malaysia Airlines and Firefly.
Additionally, Bangkok Airways runs regular flights to Samui from Phuket, from which there are flights to many other international locations. Bangkok Airways also operates direct flights from Krabi, Patthaya and Chiangmai.