Ananda is an award-winning luxury destination spa resort in India situated in the Himalayan foothills in Northern India. Located on a 100-acre Maharaja’s Palace Estate, Ananda overlooks the spiritual town of Rishikesh and the Ganges river valley. Voted by Conde Nast Traveller in their Reader Awards 2017 as the Favourite Destination Spa, this luxury retreat is renowned internationally for its integrative approach to Ayurveda, Yoga and Vedanta.
The Renew Programme provides a safe and effective way to revive and rejuvenate the body and mind combined with holistic anti-ageing processes and is an ideal programme for senior spa-goers. An individual wellness and fitness consultation will ensure the programme is tailored to your needs and goals, with a rounded selection of spa therapies throughout your stay to ensure you're feeling relaxed and revitalised.
- Things To Do
- Not Included
Room choices include:
- Deluxe Palace/Garden View Rooms - 45 sqm
- Deluxe Valley View Rooms - 45 sqm
- Deluxe Valley View Rooms (Premiu Floors) - 45 sqm
There are three Garden Suites which either face the Valley or the Maharaja's Palace. These rooms offer charm with their large bathrooms and secluded private gardens.
Situated on the ground floor and overlooking the valley, the Ananda Suite features a large private garden and gazebo setting, with an extra powder room in the bathroom.
The Viceregal Suite comprises of a dressing room, a private terrace and a roof gazebo overlooking the stunning Ganga Valley — reminiscent of India's regal past.
Each elegant Ananda Villa is appointed a pantry for the butler, a dressing room, a private sauna and stunning view of the private swimming pool.
Ananda features a variety of in-house dining options. The spa’s signature restaurant features the finest Indian, Asian and Western cuisine. Based on the basic values of traditional cooking, the Restaurant explores new vistas in modern gastronomy, with emphasis on a light and healthy meal. Keeping in mind the long duration of stay of the guests, the la carte menu changes every four months according to the season. Guests can choose to dine in the restaurant, decorated with Yantric art; the Tree Top Deck, an outdoor venue with views over the forests and mountains; or the Pavilion, a casual yet elegant setting for drinks and light snacks.
Guests can also opt for poolside or private dining, for a more intimate experience.
- Spa Treatments
- Personal Training
- Ayurvedic Consultations
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Wellness Seminars
- Reiki and Energy Healing
- All 'Spa programme' inclusions as listed below:
- 1 Jasmine salt scrub - 45 minutes
- 1 Aromatherapy - 85 minutes
- 1 Ananda Fusion - 85 minutes
- 1 Tibetan Ku Nye massage - 45 minutes
- 1 Honey and Rose facial - 55 minutes
- 2 Eye Rejuvenator - 25 minutes
- 1 Aroma Cocoon - 85 minutes
- 1 Urovasti - 30 minutes
- 1 Kati Vasti - 30 minutes
- 1 Nasyam - 30 minutes
- 1 Choornaswedana - 55 minutes
- 1 Pizhichil - 75 minutes
- 1 Debrief with Doctor and Lifestyle consultation - 30 minutes
- 3 Hatha Yoga (per room) - 60 minutes
- 1 Pranayama (per room) - 30 minutes
- 1 Yoga Nidra (per room) - 45 minutes
- 1 Ajapa Japa (per room) - 45 minutes
- Individual Wellness Consultation; Ayurvedic Consultation (where required)
- Personal Fitness Consultation, Fitness Test, and Body composition analysis where required
- Ongoing progress checks with Doctor and Spa consultants
- Detailed debrief session and lifestyle consultation and counselling session
- Ananda Rejuvenation Spa Cuisine meals (breakfast/ lunch/ dinner), per night per person
- Morning Wake Up signature tea and fresh fruit bowl provided every day
- Scheduled wellness activities: Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation, Vedanta talks, Fitness, Cooking demonstrations, and weekly trek
- Daily use of the Hydrotherapy facilities: Steam, Sauna, Chill Plunge Pool, and Kneipp Hydrotherapy Foot Bath
- All Meals included
- Airport transfer
- Prices are in USD and are excluding taxes and fees
- Prices shown are for Garden View Rooms. Room upgrades are not included in the price and will incur an additional charge: please enquire
- Taxes on room (18% GST) and taxes on meals and spa (18% GST) included in the rates
The Palace Estate, Narendra Nagar, Uttarakhand 249175, India
Located on the 100-acre Maharaja’s Palace Estate, Ananda is surrounded by graceful Sal forests and overlooks the spiritual town of Rishikesh and the Ganges river valley. Ananda is a 45-minute drive from Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun.
There are many flights from Delhi International Airport to Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, taking around 45 minutes in the air, followed by a 40-minute picturesque drive to the spa.
Jet Airways, Spice Jet, Air India and Indigo operate daily flights from Delhi to Dehradun.
There are daily train schedules operating from Delhi to Haridwar for a more scenic route. The train juorney takes 4.5 hours to Haridwar, followed by a 90-minute drive to Ananda in the Himalayas.
Holicopter transfers can be arranged and takes approximately two hours from Delhi to Ananda's private helipad.
It takes approximately 5 hours (depending on traffic) to drive from Delhi to Ananda. It is less recommended to drive due to the unpredictable nature of traffic conditions.