Enter into the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan with Amankora, one of luxury resort brand's Aman's most unique properties. On this spiritual experience, join an immersive awe-inspiring trip through Bhutan and learn more about Buddhist tradition, culture and beliefs.
Discover the spectacular Himalayan settings of Thimpu, Punakha and Paro valleys with a private driver and guide, combining cultural sights, spiritual experiences and breathtaking scenery on a journey that can be tailored entirely to your preferences. The programme includes meditation, rejuvenating spa therapies, and a hike to Bhutan's famous Tiger Nest Temple.
The tailor-made Bhutan itinerary provides guests with complimentary road permits, private transport with a driver and guide, and one 60-minute Spa treatment.
- Things To Do
- Not Included
The Paro Lodge features:
- Views from the Dining Room extend to snow-covered Jhomolhari
- An array of Bhutanese, Western and Indian dishes are served
- The two-storey spa is surrounded by glistening conifers in the forest
- Facilities include a glass-walled yoga studio, a sauna and a steam room
- Enjoy a guided cultural tour of Paro, taking in the major museums, institutions and sights
- Embark on the 4-hour hike to Tiger's Nest, the iconic 7th-century monastery
The Thimphu Lodge features:
- The Dining Room offers views of the nearby stream and surrounding forest
- Soaring ceilings and wood panelled walls complement an outdoor dining deck
- Spa facilities include three treatments rooms and a steam room
- Thimphu’s signature treatment is a hot-oil Ayurvedic head massage
- Take an archery lesson and discover more about Bhutan’s national sport
- Enjoy a private lecture on Bhutan and Buddhism with the Mynak Rinpoche
The Gangtey Lodge features:
- Donate a meal to the monks, join them for evening or morning prayers, or experience a spiritual cleansing ritual
- Enjoy a Bhutanese meal in a candlelit potato hut, warmed by a Bukhari stove and accompanied by folk music and song
- The Dining Room features large family-style dining tables and floor-to-ceiling windows
- Experience a candlelit hot stone bath; a sliding bamboo door reveals a panorama of the valley
- Spa facilities include two massage rooms and changing areas
- A library features books on Buddhism, local folklore, textiles and the Himalayas
The Bumthang Lodge Features:
- Shaded by fruit trees, the courtyard provides an alfresco dining venue
- The interior dining area features a cosy fireplace
- Lunch on local produce at a nearby farmhouse or tour the Red Panda brewery
- Zen massage is the signature treatment at Bumthang
- Features intimate treatment rooms, a steam room and changing areas
- Cultural and spiritual experiences include visits to monasteries, astrology readings and evening prayers with the monks
The Punakha Lodge features:
- An infinity pool provides views over rice terraces
- Visit the beautiful 17th-century Punakha Dzong, and the 15th-century ‘fertility temple’ Chime Lhakhang
- Visit the morning market with the chef and take part in a Bhutanese cooking class at the lodge
- The two-storey spa includes a yoga/meditation room, two treatment rooms, a steam room and changing areas
- Try a holistic facial made with locally sourced products such as homemade yoghurt, honey and orange
- An outdoor dining terrace offers views of the valley and rice fields
Private dining can be arranged both inside and outside the Lodges, whether for an intimate dinner or group celebration.
A special dining experience at Gangtey Lodge is not be missed: dine among candles in an open-air Potato shed providing a rustic yet romantic experience.
The restaurants are available to both residents and non-residents.
- Exploring the Kingdom of Bhutan
- Wellness Experiences
- Spiritual Journeys
- An array of Bhutanese, Western and India dishes served across all lodges
- Herb-infused hot stone bath at Paro
- Meditation in Punakha
- Experience the Tiger's Nest, a 4-hour hike from Paro Lodge
- All meals
- Private car, driver and guide
- Road permits
- Daily excursions and activities
- House beverages, including house wines and spirits
- Personal laundry
- 1 x 60-minute Journey massage per person
- Airport transfers to and from Paro Airport to the nearest lodge
- visa processing
- Bhutan flight assistance
- Additional services or spa experiences
Sample Daily ScheduleDAY 1
- Explore the mountains dotted with cultural sights and temples
- Walk through the city and visit the heritage museums for a glimpse into the ancient side of Bhutan
- Spend the night out at Amankora Thimphu
- Visit Thimphu Valley, home to Bhutan's royal government and the monastic astrology academy
- Walk across one of the country's oldest cantilever bridges towards Cheri Goemba, where Bhutan's first monks were based
- Visit the Dochu La Mountain Pass en route to Punakha Valley with a stop at one of Bhutan's first fortress monasteries
- Explore the village of Talo (home to the temple of Queen Mother's protective deity)
- Hike in the afternoon and take a dip in the infinity pool, near the rice terraces of Amankora Punakha
- Hike the River Mo, where you will find tiered rice paddies built by the Queen Mother
- Take a picnic on the banks of River Puna
- Explore the Wang and Paro river valleys heading towards Amankora Paro and the nearby ruins
- Listen to the evening lecture before embracing a traditional cultural performance
- Discover a further sense of the heritage of Bhutan at the National Museum
- Indulge in culture by visiting the Kyichu and Dumtse temples and walk along Drukgyal Dzong through River Paro and the forest
- Take the morning hike to Tiger's Nest, a revered ancient site of Bhutan
- Return for a 60-minute spa treatment before departing to the airport the following morning
- Amankora's reservation team will contact you to finalise your itinerary and confirm your booking. You will not be charged until you confirm your booking. Once confirmed a 10% deposit is required.
- There is a need for a visa for travelling into Bhutan, a separate visa charge of 40 USD is for visa processing through the resort.
Paro, Thimphu Punakha, Gangtey Bumthang, Kingdom of Bhutan
Amankora's five lodges are located across the country at key scenic and cultural points: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Gangtey and Bumthang. The Paro Lodge is a short drive from Paro International Airport (PBH). There are a limited number of flights in and out, and only two airlines—Druk Air and Bhutan Airlines—service the airport.
Operating a tourism policy of "high-value, low-impact", Bhutan limits the number of tourists entering the country with a minimum spend fee, which is covered by staying at Amankora. Only citizens from India, Bangladesh and The Maldives do not need a visa—Amankora can arrange all other visa arrangements, which takes 14 days and a visa fee of US$40 will be charged at time of booking.