The concept of integrated health and wellness in a resort setting began at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Arizona, almost 40 years ago. Today Canyon Ranch continues to lead the way because it has shown it can change lives. Canyon Ranch gives people the tools and inspiration to live longer, younger and better. Challenge yourself with classes, trainers and a variety of indoor and outdoor activities year-round. Explore the menu of daily fitness and mind-body classes, indoor tennis, golf performance clinics, creative arts and instruction in healthy cooking. Venture out for a hike on a nearby canyon or mountain bike on pine-topped mountains? Or just kick back completely. Fine-tune your health and restore your wellbeing with the team of health experts. The doctors, trainers, nutritionists, therapists, exercise physiologists and healers work individually with guests to create programmes that fit their needs. Your Canyon Ranch in Tucson stay includes: Inviting and comfortable accommodations; breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus always-available healthy snacks, espresso drinks, juice and smoothies; Generous allowance for spa, sports and integrative wellness services; More than 40 wellness classes and activities daily; Transfers to and from Tucson International Airport, or valet parking. You won't find a more inspiring, integrated team of health experts anywhere, all focused on your good health. The distinguished staff encompasses: Medical & Nursing; Life Management; Exercise Physiology; Nutrition; and Movement Therapy.
price per retreat
- Things To Do
- Not Included
With stunning views of the mountains and desert birds singing outside, your accommodations at Canyon Ranch in Tucson will be a serene haven where you can relax and reflect. You'll enjoy original art, décor inspired by the colors of the Southwest and supreme comfort. Accommodations are clustered throughout the resort. You can choose from Deluxe or Executive rooms, Luxury suites, the three-bedroom Casa Grande or the new Residence at The Reserve: a two bedroom suite with mountain views. They each offer all the amenities listed below, plus additional features for your complete comfort.
- Cloud-soft feather beds
- Mascioni® luxury Italian linens
- Terry cloth robes
- DVD, cable TV, stereo/CD player
- Computer phone jack
- High-speed Internet access and wireless
- In-room coffee and tea service
- Amenity products, including shampoo, conditioner and lotion
- Hair dryer
The Residence at The Reserve
1,380-sq-ft suite with two terraces is ideal for group gatherings or private enjoyment. Your spacious suite is at the center of the Reserve, the exclusive enclave designed for group experiences and individual pleasures; it features the best mountain views, a firepit and a stream that runs through the village-like setting.
The Residence is perfect for business or social groups, with a professional kitchen, dining area and two terraces for mountain and desert views. The decor includes carefully selected gallery art and aesthetic touches that make the atmosphere perfect for sophisticated gatherings. Enjoy the comforts of a spacious living room, full bath, second half-bath and your own washer and dryer. Your cloud-soft king bed, the pillow of your choice and a sound machine lead to perfect, restful nights. Want more space? Combine this with the adjoining suite for additional living or work space plus a king and two queen beds.
Canyon Ranch Grill
The dining experience at Canyon Ranch Grill is as warm and thoughtfully designed as the food itself, with a wealth of healthy choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu is made from scratch with whole, fresh foods and ingredients that are sourced from local farms and purveyors. Reservations are suggested for dinner, with a slightly more formal atmosphere than the Double U Cafe.
The most popular option, Lunch & Learn in the Demonstration Kitchen allows guests to watch the entrée of the day be prepared by our capable and entertaining Demo Chefs. The appeal of this venue is the vast nutrition and cooking information imparted during each meal preparation. A nutritionist is on hand to answer any questions. Salad bar, beverages and dessert complete the main selection.
Double U Café
Casual, poolside café offering à la carte service daily. With its vibrant atmosphere and floor-to-ceiling windows offering views of the Flagstone pool and Santa Catalina Mountains, the Double U Café is the perfect option for a light meal or a tasty snack between classes. Offering locally sourced ingredients, the café also serves a wide selection of juices, smoothies and espresso drinks. No reservations required.
- 1- to 8-mile Walks
- Funk Aerobics
- Low-Impact Aerobics
- Aqua Aerobics
- Line Dancing
- Indoor Cycling
- Cardiovascular (aerobic) Activity to Strengthen the Heart
- Strengthening Exercises to Shape and Develop Muscles
- Endurance Exercises to Build Stamina
- Stretching and Relaxation Exercises to Build Flexibility and BalanceStride Stretch
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing at the Catalina Mountains
- Golf & Racquet Sports
- Pilates & Gyrotonics Training
- Aerial Yoga
- Burdenko Water Exercise
- Tarot Card Reading
o Wellness Programming and Medical Services: Staff include: Board-certified physicians, Nurses, Nutritionists, Exercise physiologists, Behavioral therapists, Movement & aquatic therapists, Acupuncturists, Physical therapists, Chiropractors, Podiatrists, and other health specialists.
o Agility Evaluation & Training
o Bone Density Evaluation
- Cardiac Treadmill Stress Test
- Cardiometabolic Stress Test
- Chinese Herbal Consultation
- Chiropractic Services
- Cholesterol & Heart Health Consultation
- Comprehensive Women's Health & Vitality Consultation
- Comprehensive Prevention Evaluation
- DEXA Body Composition
- Healing Touch
- Metabolism & Healthy Weight
- Oriental Vitality
- Personal Medical Tests
- Physical Therapy
- Resting Metabolic Rate Measurement
- Sexual Health for Men & Women
- Sleep Apnea
- Specific Medical Issue Consultation
- Sports Medicine Injury Evaluation
- Women's Health Consultation & Physical
The beautiful Aquatic Center at Canyon Ranch in Tucson features a wide range of programs for sports conditioning, fitness, stress and pain management, relaxation, and injury recovery.
There's something for everyone, including the sublimely relaxing Watsu®, aquatic therapy, sports conditioning, and fitness pools.
You can choose from an extraordinary range of classes and activities geared for all fitness levels and interests, such as:
- Aerobic Conditioning & Strength Training
- Athletic Footwear Assessment
- Bicycle Rentals
- Biking Body Composition Test
- Customized Exercise Videos
- Fitness Walks
- Hiking Jogging
- Men's Program
- Personal Training
- Pools & Aqua Classes
- Private Bike Tours
- Private Hikes
- Private Aqua Lessons
- Racquet Courts
- Racquetball or Tennis Lessons
- Swim Lessons
More than 40 indoor and outdoor classes and activities are scheduled each day addressing these essential fitness components:
Choose from activities such as:
Explore the exotic beauty of our Southwest mountains and deserts while getting a great workout. No wonder hiking is one of the most popular activities at Canyon Ranch. Planning a visit in summer? This is when the team head to the higher alpine elevations for cooler temperatures and magnificent panoramic views. The Tucson valley is surrounded by mountains, some reaching more than 9,000 feet. In winter, the hikes typically begin in or near the many spectacular desert canyons close by the Ranch. Here you'll find palo verde and mesquite trees, a variety of succulents and cactus including the giant saguaro, and an abundance of wildlife.
Beginner to advanced level clinics
- Video analysis of your game
- Outdoor tennis courts lighted for night play
- Meals and snacks to make you forget you’re eating healthy
- 35+ daily activities, from yoga to high-intensity training, creative arts classes to wellness talks.
- A $175 daily service allowance toward your choice of services from the Experience Guide. Consult one-on-one with physicians, behavioral therapists, spiritual guides, nutritionists and exercise physiologists. Enjoy massages, facials, body treatments, and more.
- Unlimited access to our extensive luxury spa and fitness facilities.
- Airport pick-ups. No matter when you arrive, the team will personally transport you to Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Arizona.
- Cost is not inclusive of applicable taxes and nightly resort fee*
- A resort fee* on your nightly rate will be added, which includes access to approximately 35+ daily activities such as mind/body classes and wellness presentations – plus full run of the resort spa, pools and fitness center and Wi-Fi.
- Featured Experiences (can be added for additional costs)
Sample Daily ScheduleGuests can choose thirty-five plus daily activities, such as pilates, yoga, tarot card reading, biking, rock climbing and etc.
The standard policy requires a two-night deposit at the time of booking, fully refundable up to 14 days before arrival; deposit is forfeited with less than 14 days notice. However, due to circumstances with COVID-19, Canyon Ranch is committed to working with you to reschedule, change, or cancel your reservation. If you have to cancel, we’ll waive our 14-day cancellation policy for stays arriving through July 31, 2021.
8600 E Rockcliff Rd, Tucson, AZ 85750, USA
Set against the striking Santa Catalina Mountains about 115 miles south of Pheonix, Arizona, the resort is a quiet getaway nestled in the Sonoran Desert.
The resort is a 40-minutes drive from Tuscon International Airport.