Famed amongst celebrities and executives, The Ranch Malibu is a results-oriented fitness resort that employs a 'no-options' philosophy when it comes to health and wellness. The Ranch Malibu places guests into an active daily schedule of low-impact exercise and consultations with professionals to supplement a sustainable physical and mental transformation. The programme's intimate organisation allows an experience tailored to each guest's personal needs and goals. With a strong sustainability ethos, The Ranch Malibu is committed to minimising its environmental footprint and helping guests reconnect with nature. The diet follows an organic plant-based menu and there is limited WiFi and cell reception in the area, enabling guests to truly disconnect. The specialised programmes focus on meeting fitness, nutritional, weight loss and detox goals through 8-hour sessions of exercise, yoga and spa treatments.
The Ranch Malibu has received international recognition for its immersive fitness and weight loss retreats in addition to its spa, and has won numerous awards from Travel+Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, SpaFinder, Lonely Planet, Tatler, USA Today and The Stella Awards.
The Ranch Private retreat is available to two groups of 1-4 guests each week and is seperate from the larger Ranch Malibu group. It is ideal for those who prefer isolation, whether they be travelling solo or in a group of up to four. Experience The Ranch Malibu in a new way in the immersive weeklong health programme (choose from one to four weeks) and escape to nature for lasting fitness and wellness results.
The Ranch Private is offered 52 weeks/year.
price per retreat
- Things To Do
- Not Included
The Ranch Malibu
Guests at The Ranch Malibu will be hosted in one of the 21 private luxury cottages. The rustic-chic accommodation feature queen or king-size beds, reclaimed wood floors and are decorated with natural colours and materials for a calming, refined aesthetic. To encourage disconnectivity from the digital world, The Ranch Malibu's accommodation does not come with television sets or internet in public spaces.
The Ranch Malibu features a communal open-air kitchen and common room, organic garden, outdoor swimming pool and jacuzzi, yoga barn, meditation room, and massage “village.” There is limited WiFi in private spaces, for those who need to stay connected.
Guests at The Ranch Malibu stay for a minimum of one week, on either the signature Ranch seven-day programme or for part of the 10-day programme.
The Ranch Malibu uses ingredients sourced from their onsite certified organic garden and offers innovative, plant-based takes on classic comfort foods.
The menu heavily features fresh fruits, vegetables, grains and pulses, and excludes processed sugars, gluten, dairy, soy, caffeine, and alcohol. Designed to aid cleansing and weight loss, the food is nutritionally dense but calorie light at 1,400 calories daily. Guests not looking to lose weight can have their meal plan adjusted accordingly.
Meals can be adjusted and customised to accommodate dietary requirements. Served in a communal style, dining at the Ranch Malibu is not only nourishing, but ican be used as an opportunity for discussion on healthy habits and mindful eating.
- Abs & core classes
- Low-impact HIIT
- Nutrition lectures
- Massage & spa
- Private accommodations for each guest
- Personalized fitness programme to include private guided hikes and personal afternoon fitness and exercise classes, yoga or meditation class tailored to your preferences.
- Daily massage for each full day
- Plant-based and nutritionally dense meals and snacks designed to nourish & detoxify you during the week
- Bod Pod body fat testing
- Elective nutrition and wellness discussions
- Cooking demonstration and garden tour
- Laundry services Monday – Friday
- Limited group size of 1-4 people (coming together) for up to two groups each week
- Option to add a Saturday night stay (pre-program and/or in between weeks for multi-week guests) which includes meals, limited programming and one massage at an additional $2,000.
- Additional spa treatments
- Airport transfer at the start of the programme
Sample Daily Schedule
Gentle guest wake-up with Tibetan chimes
Breakfast – Banana Blueberry Muffins
Morning Stretch or Yoga
Lunch – Chickpea Tuna Wrap
Personalized afternoon training sessions
Dinner – Kale and Black Bean Enchiladas Verdes
Gentle Yoga or Meditation
*This program also includes two daily snacks, a healthy cooking class, garden tour and diagnostic testing
- Reservations require a $2,000 USD deposit.
- The remaining balance is due 40 days prior to arrival by credit card.
- In events of a cancellation within 40 days of the visit, guests will be credited less a 10% cancellation fee.
- A 10% cancellation fee will be charged to all refunded deposits.
12220 Cotharin Rd, Malibu, CA 90265, United States
The Ranch Malibu runs across 200 acres of the Santa Monica mountains taking guests away from the dizzy distractions of city-life. The building itself is a former working ranch, situated three miles above the Pacific Ocean among mountains where daily hikes take place.