SHA Wellness Clinic is a pioneer of medical innovation and holistic healing. The award-winning luxury resort is renowned for its application of macrobiotic diet principles and adopts the philosophy that a healthy lifestyle includes physical, mental and spiritual harmony with the environment. SHA specialises in anti-aging, natural health and non-invasive aesthetic medicine, among a range of other unique wellness treatments and programmes dedicated to improving overall health and quality of life.
The SHA Discovery Retreat acts as an introductory retreat into the SHA medical and wellness philosophy. Over four days, guests can expect to gain valuable tools to kickstart a healthy lifestyle and recover from stress. A combination of relaxing spa therapies, a personalised diet plan, medical consultation and lifestyle workshops will help you achieve your goals with expert assistance in a five-star setting.
The SHA Discovery Retreat is available throughout the year. SHA Wellness Clinic offers multiple retreats and packages based on guests' individual needs. Guests should note there is no smoking or alcohol on site.
price per retreat
- Things To Do
- Not Included
- Deluxe Room
- Superior Suite
- Grand Suite
- Presidential Suite
- Royal Suite
SHA Wellness Clinic’s healthy meals aim to introduce guests to a way of eating that rebalances and restores the body, providing energy and nutrition throughout their stay. The in-house restaurant, SHAMADI, incorporates this nutritional philosophy into its haute-cuisine menu.
At the centre of the resorts wellness philosophy is macrobiotic dieting, based on founder Alfredo Bataller Parietti's own experiences with it. Macrobiotics is a dietary system that excludes red meat, dairy products and refined foods in favour of whole grains, vegetables and fish.
SHA offers three different types of healthy eating menus: SHA, Biolight and Kushi. These menus are different every day at lunch and dinner.
The SHA Menu is designed for guests who are seeking a healthy diet without having to compromise on portion size. Lunch and dinner include a starter, a choice of two main courses (usually fish or wholegrain pasta) and dessert.
The Biolight Menu is designed for guests who are looking to improve their overall health without strict weight loss or detox goals. This menu's ingredients usually include fish three times a week and pasta twice a week, while allowing for a sparing use of oil and nuts. Dessert is optional at lunch while dinner includes a starter and main course.
Although the Kushi Menu is the most restrictive diet, it does not compromise on health or taste. It is recommended for those who aim to control their weight or intensively detoxify their body. The menu is made up of smaller portions and does not include certain ingredients like oil, baked flour, nuts, pasta or oats. Fish is included once a week and guests are given a lot of algae and hearty soups like miso that help cleanse the body and provide energy and vitality.
- Putting green
- Hydrotherapy circuit
- Infinity pool
- Gym and fitness area
- Cooking classes
- Beauty salon
- Nearby beach, natural park and town
- 4-Nights Accommodation
- General medical examination
- Medical Consultation
- Consultation with an expert on nutrition and natural therapy
- Revitalising medicine consultation
- 1 traditional Chinese medicine treatment session, according to the prescription (acupuncture or moxibustion)
- High tech treatments (Detox Massage, Physia, Indiba, Icoone, LPG or DLE)
- 1 personalised facial treatment session
- Introductory evaluation and advice class with a personal trainer
- 1 therapeutic treatment session adapted to individual needs (deep tissue massage, relaxing massage, decontracting massage, anti-cellulite massage, lymphatic drainage massage)
- 1 aquatic therapy session, according to the prescription (hydroenergetic healing, aqua relax, body scrub, underwater massage, or body wrap)
- Personalised Diet plan
- Access to SHA Academy
- Access to Hydrotherapy Circuit
- Airport transfers
- No alcohol or smoking on-site
- Travel insurance
Sample Daily Schedule08:00 Wake up
09:30 Medical Examination
10:30 Medical Consultation
14:00 Personal Training Session
17:30 Nutrition Workshop
19:30 Free Time
- In order to confirm a reservation, a 30% of the total cost, including accommodation, programmes, treatments and/or services requested, shall be debited to the credit/debit card provided or paid by bank transfer.
- Upon check-in, your credit card will be charged for the remaining amount of the total price of your stay.
- Any stay cancelled 21 days prior to arrival will be fully refunded, except for 3% charge corresponding to the administrative costs of the deposit.
- Any reservation cancelled 2 days prior to arrival or a no-show will incur a 100% cancellation fee of the contracted stay, including services and treatments.
Verderol 5 El Albir 03581 Alicante Spain
SHA Wellness Clinic is located on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea between the bay of Altea and the natural park of Sierra Helada. Located in front of the Mediterranean is a microclimate considered by the World Health Organization as the best climatology in the world, so pleasant temperatures can be expected all year round.
SHA Wellness Clinic can be driven to by taking the A7 / E15 motorway which runs from the north of U.K. to the south of Spain. SHA is a 10-minute drive from Exit 65.
The closest airport is Alicante which is 60km way by motorway.