Enter into the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan with Amankora, one of luxury resort brand's Aman's most unique properties. On this spiritual experience, join an immersive awe-inspiring trip through Bhutan and learn more about Buddhist tradition, culture and beliefs.
Discover the spectacular Himalayan settings of Paro and Thimphu valleys with a private driver and guide, combining cultural sights, spiritual experiences and breathtaking scenery on a journey that can be tailored entirely to your preferences. The programme includes meditation, rejuvenating spa therapies, and an astrology reading at Thimphu.
- Things To Do
- Not Included
The Paro Lodge features:
- Views from the Dining Room extend to snow-covered Jhomolhari
- An array of Bhutanese, Western and Indian dishes are served
- The two-storey spa is surrounded by glistening conifers in the forest
- Facilities include a glass-walled yoga studio, a sauna and a steam room
- Enjoy a guided cultural tour of Paro, taking in the major museums, institutions and sights
- Embark on the 4-hour hike to Tiger's Nest, the iconic 7th-century monastery
The Thimphu Lodge features:
- The Dining Room offers views of the nearby stream and surrounding forest
- Soaring ceilings and wood panelled walls complement an outdoor dining deck
- Spa facilities include three treatments rooms and a steam room
- Thimphu’s signature treatment is a hot-oil Ayurvedic head massage
- Take an archery lesson and discover more about Bhutan’s national sport
- Enjoy a private lecture on Bhutan and Buddhism with the Mynak Rinpoche
The Gangtey Lodge features:
- Donate a meal to the monks, join them for evening or morning prayers, or experience a spiritual cleansing ritual
- Enjoy a Bhutanese meal in a candlelit potato hut, warmed by a Bukhari stove and accompanied by folk music and song
- The Dining Room features large family-style dining tables and floor-to-ceiling windows
- Experience a candlelit hot stone bath; a sliding bamboo door reveals a panorama of the valley
- Spa facilities include two massage rooms and changing areas
- A library features books on Buddhism, local folklore, textiles and the Himalayas
The Bumthang Lodge Features:
- Shaded by fruit trees, the courtyard provides an alfresco dining venue
- The interior dining area features a cosy fireplace
- Lunch on local produce at a nearby farmhouse or tour the Red Panda brewery
- Zen massage is the signature treatment at Bumthang
- Features intimate treatment rooms, a steam room and changing areas
- Cultural and spiritual experiences include visits to monasteries, astrology readings and evening prayers with the monks
The Punakha Lodge features:
- An infinity pool provides views over rice terraces
- Visit the beautiful 17th-century Punakha Dzong, and the 15th-century ‘fertility temple’ Chime Lhakhang
- Visit the morning market with the chef and take part in a Bhutanese cooking class at the lodge
- The two-storey spa includes a yoga/meditation room, two treatment rooms, a steam room and changing areas
- Try a holistic facial made with locally sourced products such as homemade yoghurt, honey and orange
- An outdoor dining terrace offers views of the valley and rice fields
Private dining can be arranged both inside and outside the Lodges, whether for an intimate dinner or group celebration.
A special dining experience at Gangtey Lodge is not be missed: dine among candles in an open-air Potato shed providing a rustic yet romantic experience.
The restaurants are available to both residents and non-residents.
- Exploring the Kingdom of Bhutan
- Wellness Experiences
- Spiritual Journeys
- An array of Bhutanese, Western and India dishes served across all lodges
- Herb-infused hot stone bath at Paro
- Meditation in Punakha
- Experience the Tiger's Nest, a 4-hour hike from Paro Lodge
- One night at Amankora Thimphu followed by two nights at Amankora Paro
- All meals, picnics, in-house beverages
- Airport transfers
- Laundry & Wi-Fi
- Private vehicle/driver and English speaking guide for internal transfers and sightseeing
- All touring and monument passes
- Visa processing and flight reservation assistance
- 108 Butter Lamp lighting, at Thimphu
- 1 x Astrology reading per person, at Thimphu
- Attend a prayer session at Zilukha Nunnery, at Thimphu
- 1 x Hot Stone Bath at Paro
- Additional services or spa experiences
- Amankora's reservation team will contact you to finalise your itinerary and confirm your booking. You will not be charged until you confirm your booking. Once confirmed a 10% deposit is required.
- There is a need for a visa for travelling into Bhutan, a separate visa charge of 40 USD is for visa processing through the resort.
Paro, Thimphu Punakha, Gangtey Bumthang, Kingdom of Bhutan
Amankora's five lodges are located across the country at key scenic and cultural points: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Gangtey and Bumthang. The Paro Lodge is a short drive from Paro International Airport (PBH). There are a limited number of flights in and out, and only two airlines—Druk Air and Bhutan Airlines—service the airport.
Operating a tourism policy of "high-value, low-impact", Bhutan limits the number of tourists entering the country with a minimum spend fee, which is covered by staying at Amankora. Only citizens from India, Bangladesh and The Maldives do not need a visa—Amankora can arrange all other visa arrangements, which takes 14 days and a visa fee of US$40 will be charged at time of booking.