discover

COMO Uma Bhutan

Bhutan (Asia & Oceania)

overview

Tucked into two distinct Himalayan valleys, COMO Uma Paro and COMO Uma Punakha offer a unique wellness-orientated experience of The Kingdom of Bhutan. In keeping with the COMO Resorts brand, the two lodges embrace local design and cuisine to create a culturally unique experience, while still retaining their five-star attention to service and hospitality. The two hotels were voted the two Best Hotel in Asia in the Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards 2018.

  • Accommodation
  • Food
  • Things To Do
COMO Uma Paro is an intimate, 29-room resort featuring the most exclusive private villas in Bhutan. The style combines local architecture with COMO’s contemporary style, with a range of activities from yoga to camping adventures. Guests can choose from a Forest View Room, Valley View Room, COMO Suite, One Bedroom Villa or the two-bedroom COMO Villa. All accommodation features complimentary WiFi and yoga mats, Egyptian cotton linen and COMO Shambhala bathroom amenities.

Providing luxury accommodation in the less-visited Punakha Valley, COMO Uma Punakha offers guests access to some of Bhutan’s most celebrated landscapes and historic sites. Guests can choose from a Valley View Room, a One Bedroom Villa, or the exclusive COMO Villa. Every room commands sweeping views of the Punakha Valley and the Mo Chu River, as well as being equipped with sheesham-wood furniture, wall paintings by local artists, deep bathtubs and a separate shower stalls in the ensuite bathrooms, air conditioning and complimentary WiFi.
COMO Uma Bhutan sources produce for its cuisine as locally as possible, from the Paro Valley and Punakha Valley respectively, and COMO Uma Paro grows much of its ingredients in its own organic garden. With an emphasis on fresh ingredients and local flavours, the in-house restaurants at each property showcase local Bhutanese cuisine, as well as specialities from India and a broad sample of international dishes.

The award-winning Bukhari Restaurant at COMO Uma Paro is often the restaurant of choice of Bhutan's royal family when they are in Paro, so you can be assured a world-class experience. COMO Uma Paro also serves up the COMO Shambhala Cuisine, COMO's dedicated wellness menu designed to maximise energy and wellbeing with the use of nutritionally rich foods.
  • Yoga
  • Pilates
  • Meditation and Pranayama
  • Hiking
  • Heli-Adventure
  • COMO Shambhala Spa treatments
  • Ayurvedic wellness therapies
  • Visit Tiger's Nest Monastery
  • Bhutan Anniversary Blessing
  • White water rafting
  • Archery and darts

payment policy

  • A non-refundable 30 per cent deposit is required at time of booking to secure the booking. The remaining 70 per cent of the booking will be required 60 days prior to arrival.
  • If the booking is made within these periods then full payment (100 per cent) will be required at the time of booking.
0 Retreats Found

Sorry, no results were found.

location

COMO Uma Paro, PO Box 222 Paro, Bhutan

Perched among the majestic Himalayas, COMO Uma Bhutan is split into two properties in two separate valleys: the tropical Punakha Valley with its scattered landscape of dzongs and forests, and the emerald valley of Paro filled with rice paddies and ancient monasteries. Guests can fly into Paro International Airport, where COMO can arrange guests transfers.

The Bhutan climate varies drastically from sub-tropical summers to snowy winters, with spring and autumn being the favoured times to visit.

Tourism in Bhutan is restricted by the government: the minimum daily spend and your visa is covered by your stay with COMO Uma Bhutan, and visas can be organised via COMO.