Suitable for everyone, regardless of your yogic experience this retreat at Sen Wellness Sanctuary is about expressing gratitude for our bodies and minds, honouring our past and taking the initiative to enter the winter months with a positive resolve.
Compare Retreats Exclusive Benefit: 1 x Complimentary 60-min Spa Treatment
March 20th – 29th 2020
price per retreat
- Things To Do
- Not Included
The luxury low key cabanas were designed Brazilian-American architect Adriana Arbex, based on the shape of a conical shell. Each room features a king-size bed, plenty of wardrobe storage space and an ensuite bathroom with an open shower. The rooms are elegantly designed with dark wood furnishings and double-layered windows and shutters to enable more fresh-air circulation.
The main building is also designed in a conical and circular shape which creates energy flow. Sleeping up to 16 guests, each of the twin and king-size rooms are designed to fit in with the natural surroundings.
Guests should note that there is no air conditioning in the rooms, though fans are provided. The balconies offer views of the treetops. It is recommended you bring a strong bug/mosquito repellant. Monkeys frequent the area around the cabanas, and while they are amusing, doors and windows should be locked at all times.
Herbal and fruit tea is served three times a day. There is no alcohol or caffeinated beverages served at the resort.
The menu varies day to day - below is a sample:
Breakfast includes a fresh king coconut, and a selection of coconut sambal, soups or porridges, coconut pancakes, lentil dahl, beans, rice, roti and fresh fruit.
Lunch is a Sri Lankan curry meal, with a selection of vegetable and fish curries, salads, roasted vegetables, and fresh fruit.
Dinner begins with a green soup and is followed by dahl or curries, roasted vegetables, roti or rice.
- Experience local wildlife such as turtles in their natural habitat (night only, season dependent)
- Spa treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Visit Yala National Park (2 hour drive)
- Compare Retreats Exclusive Benefit: 1 x Complimentary 60-min Spa Treatment
- One-to-one consultation with our resident Ayurvedic doctor who will tailor a programme specific to your dosha
- 2-3 Ayurvedic treatments a day
- Daily Sunrise yoga/ meditation lasting up to 90 minutes
- Daily Sunset yoga/ meditation lasting up to 90 minutes
- 1 x Opening ceremony to set an intention for the retreat
- Fire Ceremonies Cacao ceremonies Gong baths Transformative group meditations, chanting and dancing
- Meditation sessions led by a Buddhist monk
- Acupuncture and Osteopathy sessions by Founder Dr Sam Kanakanamge
- Wellness mentoring by Founder Dr. Sam Kankanamge to support your wellness journey on a personal level Group healing circle sessions
- Inspiring lifestyle talks
- Ayurvedic cooking demonstration
- Energetic healing sessions
- Closing ceremony to reflect on your personal wellness journey
- Follow up
- Additional spa treatments
Rekawa Road, Netolpitiya, Sri Lanka
Ten kilometres east of Tangalle, Sen Wellness Sanctuary is set beside one of the most significant sea turtle nesting sites in Sri Lanka, amongst an untouched National Park and beside a pristine beach.
Despite it's proximity to Tangalle and Netolpitiya, the resort has a feeling of isolation and is difficult to access because of the single-lane dirt track road. An airport transfer can be organised through the resort. The property is approximately a four-hour drive from Colombo Airport.
Rekawa Beach, while beautiful for a walk, is not suitable for swimming because of the waves and currents - guests should exercise caution when on the beach.