Amankora spans out with five luxury lodges located across the country, each lending deeper insight into the urban, rural and spiritual side of Bhutan. Embark on this 10-Night Five Valleys Journey, an all-inclusive experience catered by a compassionate team of in-house experts. This transformative journey with take you across Paro, Thimphu, Gangtey, Bumthang and Punakha Lodges, and includes all meals and beverages, an Amankora holistic massage and a hot stone bath for ultimate relaxation.
- Things To Do
The Paro Lodge features:
- Views from the Dining Room extend to snow-covered Jhomolhari
- An array of Bhutanese, Western and Indian dishes are served
- The two-storey spa is surrounded by glistening conifers in the forest
- Facilities include a glass-walled yoga studio, a sauna and a steam room
- Enjoy a guided cultural tour of Paro, taking in the major museums, institutions and sights
- Embark on the 4-hour hike to Tiger's Nest, the iconic 7th-century monastery
The Thimphu Lodge features:
- The Dining Room offers views of the nearby stream and surrounding forest
- Soaring ceilings and wood panelled walls complement an outdoor dining deck
- Spa facilities include three treatments rooms and a steam room
- Thimphu’s signature treatment is a hot-oil Ayurvedic head massage
- Take an archery lesson and discover more about Bhutan’s national sport
- Enjoy a private lecture on Bhutan and Buddhism with the Mynak Rinpoche
The Gangtey Lodge features:
- Donate a meal to the monks, join them for evening or morning prayers, or experience a spiritual cleansing ritual
- Enjoy a Bhutanese meal in a candlelit potato hut, warmed by a Bukhari stove and accompanied by folk music and song
- The Dining Room features large family-style dining tables and floor-to-ceiling windows
- Experience a candlelit hot stone bath; a sliding bamboo door reveals a panorama of the valley
- Spa facilities include two massage rooms and changing areas
- A library features books on Buddhism, local folklore, textiles and the Himalayas
The Bumthang Lodge Features:
- Shaded by fruit trees, the courtyard provides an alfresco dining venue
- The interior dining area features a cosy fireplace
- Lunch on local produce at a nearby farmhouse or tour the Red Panda brewery
- Zen massage is the signature treatment at Bumthang
- Features intimate treatment rooms, a steam room and changing areas
- Cultural and spiritual experiences include visits to monasteries, astrology readings and evening prayers with the monks
The Punakha Lodge features:
- An infinity pool provides views over rice terraces
- Visit the beautiful 17th-century Punakha Dzong, and the 15th-century ‘fertility temple’ Chime Lhakhang
- Visit the morning market with the chef and take part in a Bhutanese cooking class at the lodge
- The two-storey spa includes a yoga/meditation room, two treatment rooms, a steam room and changing areas
- Try a holistic facial made with locally sourced products such as homemade yoghurt, honey and orange
- An outdoor dining terrace offers views of the valley and rice fields
Private dining can be arranged both inside and outside the Lodges, whether for an intimate dinner or group celebration.
A special dining experience at Gangtey Lodge is not be missed: dine among candles in an open-air Potato shed providing a rustic yet romantic experience.
The restaurants are available to both residents and non-residents.
- Exploring the Kingdom of Bhutan
- Wellness Experiences
- Spiritual Journeys
- An array of Bhutanese, Western and India dishes served across all lodges
- Herb-infused hot stone bath at Paro
- Meditation in Punakha
- Experience the Tiger's Nest, a 4-hour hike from Paro Lodge
- Complimentary one-way domestic flight to OR from Bumthang
- Hot stone bath in Gangtey
- All meals, and house beverages including house wines & spirits
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Airport transfers to/ from Paro Airport to Amankora Paro/ Amankora Thimphu Or Bumthang Airport to Amankora Bumthang
- Bhutan Visa processing service & flight reservations
- A private vehicle, guide and driver for the entire journey and one-way domestic flight for the guide. (to OR from Bumthang)
- Long road and monument permits
- 1 x 60 minutes Amankora holistic massage, taken once during the journey
- Amankora's reservation team will contact you to finalise your itinerary and confirm your booking. You will not be charged until you confirm your booking. Once confirmed a 10% deposit is required.
- There is a need for a visa for travelling into Bhutan, a separate visa charge of 40 USD is for visa processing through the resort.
Paro, Thimphu Punakha, Gangtey Bumthang, Kingdom of Bhutan
Amankora's five lodges are located across the country at key scenic and cultural points: Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Gangtey and Bumthang. The Paro Lodge is a short drive from Paro International Airport (PBH). There are a limited number of flights in and out, and only two airlines—Druk Air and Bhutan Airlines—service the airport.
Operating a tourism policy of "high-value, low-impact", Bhutan limits the number of tourists entering the country with a minimum spend fee, which is covered by staying at Amankora. Only citizens from India, Bangladesh and The Maldives do not need a visa—Amankora can arrange all other visa arrangements, which takes 14 days and a visa fee of US$40 will be charged at time of booking.