Sen Wellness Sanctuary is an eco-resort on Sri Lanka's south coast, located beside a turtle nesting site and among lush tropical gardens. The resort offers one, three, five, seven, 10 and 14-day retreat programmes for guests to experience Ayurvedic therapies and medicine in a restorative setting. Twice-daily yoga, daily treatments and plenty of free time make Sen Wellness the ideal place for those who are looking for introspection and dedicated 'me' time. Truly a retreat away from the world, this isolated adult-only retreat is the opposite of the hustle and bustle of modern life providing a base to physically, mentally and emotionally reset.
The 'Beautiful, Bountiful, Blissful' retreat is a customisable package including yoga, Ayurvedic therapies, and spa treatments designed to enable lifestyle changes and improvements. The retreat includes twice-daily yoga and three treatments each day as prescribed during your medical consultation with the Ayurvedic doctors.
- Things To Do
- Not Included
The luxury low key cabanas are an original design by Brazilian-American architect Adriana Arbex, based on the shape of a conical shell. Each room features a king-size bed, plenty of wardrobe storage space and an ensuite bathroom with an open shower. The rooms are elegantly designed with dark wood furnishings and double-layered windows and shutters to enable more fresh-air circulation.
The main building is also designed in a conical and circular shape which creates energy flow. Sleeping up to 16 guests, each of the twin and king-size rooms are designed to fit in with the natural surroundings.
Guests should note that there is no air conditioning in the rooms, though fans are provided. The balconies offer views of the treetops. It is recommended you bring a strong bug/mosquito repellant. Monkeys frequent the area around the cabanas, and while they are amusing, doors and windows should be locked at all times.
Herbal and fruit tea is served three times a day. There is no alcohol or caffeinated beverages served at the resort.
The menu varies day to day - below is a sample:
Breakfast includes a fresh king coconut, and a selection of coconut sambal, soups or porridges, coconut pancakes, lentil dahl, beans, rice, roti and fresh fruit.
Lunch is a Sri Lankan curry meal, with a selection of vegetable and fish curries, salads, roasted vegetables, and fresh fruit.
Dinner begins with a green soup and is followed by dahl or curries, roasted vegetables, roti or rice.
- Experience local wildlife such as turtles in their natural habitat (night only, season dependent)
- Spa treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Visit Yala National Park (2 hour drive)
- 3 daily meals, including one coconut and herbal teas
- Full consultation with Ayurvedic doctor on arrival and prior to departure with daily support
- Herbal medicine to support your retreat (as prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor)
- 2 Acupuncture treatments (45 mins)
- Daily Ayurvedic therapies according to your body type (30 – 90 mins)
- Daily yoga classes, open to all levels (90 – 120 mins)
- Twice weekly meditation led by Buddhist Monk
- 2 x private one-hour sessions with our yoga/meditation teacher
- Pre-care and after-care 30-min Skype sessions with Sam (Osteopath and Director of Breath of Life)
- Dietary advice and dietary guideline sheet personalized to your health needs during your stay and to take home.
- Airport transfers (can be arranged on request)
- Additional food or beverages
Sample Daily Schedule05:30 Wake up and tea
09:00 Treatments/free time
14:00 Treatments/free time
Rekawa Road, Netolpitiya, Sri Lanka
Ten kilometres east of Tangalle, Sen Wellness Sanctuary is set beside one of the most significant sea turtle nesting sites in Sri Lanka, among an untouched National Park and beside a pristine beach.
Despite it's proximity to Tangalle and Netolpitiya, the resort has a feeling of isolation and is difficult to access because of the single-lane dirt track road. An airport transfer can be organised through the resort. The property is approximately a four-hour drive from Colombo Airport.
Rekawa Beach, while beautiful for a walk, is not suitable for swimming because of the waves and currents - guests should exercise caution when on the beach.